Small Group SEL Lesson: Learning How to Change Your Behavior
This lesson helps students understand the connection between an event and our thoughts, feelings, emotions, behaviors, and consequences. They learn that a change in any of these can break the pattern of negative behaviors. Students use a hands-on activity to add strategies to see how they can change things. Perfect for small groups learning about managing their feelings and behaviors.
- Recognizes that thoughts are linked to emotions and behaviors.
- Identifies physical symptoms and thoughts related to emotions.
- Identifies own uncomfortable emotions and determines need for coping skills.
- Recognizes how emotions are linked to behavior and consequences.
Students will understand the sequence that leads to problem behavior and identify ways to change it.
- Lesson Plan
- Chain Reaction Worksheet
- Link Activity Materials: Links for triggers, physical feelings, feelings, thoughts, behaviors, consequences, and strategies.
- Strategy Cards
- 19 Funny Picture Cards
- 15 Carton Cards
- Breaking a Chain Reaction Worksheets