Perspective Taking and Empathy Lessons and Activities with Impact Inspector
This Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) based resource for perspective taking and empathy is perfect for individual counseling and small group counseling lessons with elementary students. Work on helping students understand the impact of their actions, the perspective of others, and choices they can make with engaging lessons, a lapbook, crafts, picture cards, behavior charts, and completion certificates.
What You Get
- Impact Inspector Poster in Color and Black and White
- Lesson Plan 1: Your Actions Impact Others.
- Vocabulary Cards
- What’s the Impact? Picture Scenarios
- 8 Scenario Cards
- Activity Tokens
- Case File Worksheets with Answer Keys
- Lesson Plan 2: Changing Your Actions Changes Consequences.
- What If Maps
- Picture Scenario Cards and Possible Scenarios
- Impact Inspector Task Cards
- Impact Inspector Lapbook with inserts
- Magnifying Glass Craft
- Certificate of Completion
- Behavior Charts
- Impact Inspector Consequence Map
This resource is for school counselors, school psychologists, and special education teachers. This will fit in perfectly into individual or group sessions with students who struggle with perspective-taking and understanding the impact of their actions. Ideas for differentiation are included as well as multiple activity options.
The Helper Squad
The Helper Squad game came to life because I always struggled to find counseling materials that incorporated both CBT and social-emotional learning. I needed materials that were flexible and reusable. Most importantly, I wanted materials that my students connected to and used even when they were struggling.
THE 5 MEMBERS OF THE HELPER SQUAD
- Chief Emotion Officer helps us identify how we are feeling, how strong our feelings are, what triggers certain feelings, and when a feeling may get too big to handle.
- Doctor Positive helps us change negative thoughts by using facts for our thinking. Realistic, positive thinking is her goal!
- Coping Captain helps us use coping strategies when we are overwhelmed. He teaches us ways to calm down and makes sure we prepared when tough situations are ahead.
- Impact Inspector helps us understand how our actions affect others. She shows us how to see the situation from other perspectives and see if different choices would have led to a better outcome.
- Fantastic Fix-It helps us find ways to solve problems and make a situation better. He helps us apologize and come up with real solutions.
Meet The Helper Squad!
We Also Recommend
Challenging Negative Thinking Activities for Positive Self Talk
Feelings Check-In and Feelings Posters for Counseling and SEL
Negative Thinking Activities to Challenge Negative Self Talk