The Color Monster by Anna Llenas is a perfect read aloud lesson to pair with social emotional learning activities about feelings. This low prep book companion includes a lesson plan, discussion questions, 2 student activities.
The Color Monster shows children that we all have lots of different feelings and all those feelings are okay. The book introduces basic emotions (anger, sad, happy, fear, and calm) and opens up an opportunity for students to consider how they experience all their emotions.
** This resource is designed to be used as a companion for The Color Monster, not as a stand alone resource
- One page Interactive Read Aloud Lesson Plan
- Sticky Note Comprehension Questions (with printing directions)
- One page sheet with questions and vocabulary
- Feelings Jar Activity - Students make connections to their own feelings.
- Feelings Sort - Students identify feelings based on how the monster is acting or what happened.
- My Color Monster Paper - use this to continue conversations about identifying and sorting feelings.
- Recognizes and accurately names feelings.
- Identifies and communicates a feeling.
- Identifies feelings related to situations/events.
THIS IS FOR YOU
- if you are a teacher who wants to add social emotional learning into your reading block.
- if you are a counselor who needs a lesson on feelings for whole group, small group, or individual.
- if you are a parent looking to help your child explore their feelings using books in your home.
The book is required to use this resource.
BUILD YOUR OWN BUNDLE
Save 20% when you buy 5 or more resources.
Discount taken at checkout.